Looking Back, Looking Ahead
Looking Back
When I think back to 8 weeks ago at the start of the class, I remember being nervous, and a bit overwhelmed, with all the new technology and tools we were going to be using. In the classroom I used technology by having students log onto their Chromebooks and use one of the many apps our school has (Lexia, IXL, Epic, etc.). Personally, I am on social media to keep in touch with friends and family through Facebook and Instagram. There are accounts that I follow to get ideas for my own classroom and projects to use with my students. However, I acted as an observer rather than a participant.
Looking Ahead
These past 8 weeks I have learned about, and used, many resources that I were unfamiliar to me. I also had the opportunity to dive deeper into resources (Nearpod) and tools (accessibility features on Chromebooks) that I knew about but did not use frequently. Twitter is one form of social media that I never used in the past- I just didn't see the appeal. During this course I created an account and participated in my first Twitter chat. After spending more time I can see why having an account is beneficial, especially as a teacher.
Wakelet is another new resource that I used during this class that I will definitely continue using in the future. I am a person who has so many notes on the Notes app with links to different recipes, my To Be Read list, and many more random thoughts. Wakelet is a place where I can have all of that information saved without taking up the space on my phone.
In my introduction post I shared this gif. I feel this still describes how I am feeling at the end of the course. Even though I learned many new technology tricks I know there is still so much more I can learn.
Comments
Post a Comment